Buckler’s Mead Academy Relationships and Sex Education Parent Consultation
Many thanks for taking the time to visit this page, and engage with the parental consultation element of the development and implementation of the RSE curriculum. Below you will find a wide range of resources and information to help you understand both the Academy’s approach, and the legal obligations from the Department for Education.
The teaching of Relationship and Sex Education and Health Education became compulsory from September 2020. We are reviewing our RSE curriculum and policy so we can be sure our RSE provision is appropriate for our pupils based on their:
- Physical and emotional maturity
- Religious, social and cultural backgrounds
- Special educational needs and/or disabilities
On this page, you will be able to find:
- A short introductory video to the consultation
- Relevant Academy Policies
- Our Personal Development overview, and an accompanying video explanation
- Exemplar lesson resources
- Links to the full policy from the Department for Education the Department for Educations (DfE) ‘Relationships Education, Relationships and Sex Education (RSE) and Health Education’ (June 2019)
- The DfE guide for parents
- Information and guidance from other organisations, such as ParentKind and Big Talk Education
Your feedback on how we achieve this will be invaluable. Parents are central to the successful delivery of high quality Relationship & Sex Education and Health Education, both in talking with your child at home and supporting schools to deliver a high quality education. In the first instance we would like you to read through the information contained within the information web page and feed back to us via the Google Form at the bottom of the page.