What is The PixL Edge?
We are pleased to inform you that we will be offering your son/daughter the opportunity to embark on an innovative scheme called ‘The Edge’.
The scheme is intended, over time, to develop and accredit the life
skills and attributes that employers are telling us they need – leadership, organisation, initiative, resilience and communication. This will give students a qualification, which runs alongside their academic successes and recognises what they can do as well as what they know.
In order to gain the qualification at “Apprentice”, “Graduate” or “Masters” level, students need to complete a range of activities from an approved list. The activities can be many and varied and can be undertaken in normal lessons, in extra-curricular clubs or outside of school.
Progress on the scheme will be managed by students themselves using a specially designed on-line application, with Tutors and Year Co-ordinators providing an oversight and awarding credits towards achieving the qualification.
- PiXL Edge allows students to be recognised for their achievements in the Academy and as well as extracurricular activities.
- It helps develop the skills needed for life, further study and employment; Leadership, Organisation, Resilience, Initiative and Communication.
- PiXL Edge helps all students to build confidence in themselves and their abilities.
- It develops students as well rounded individuals with skills and expertise beyond the classroom.
- The PixL Edge will give students an accredited award from an examining body.
- It can be used in applications for all Post 16 courses and qualifications and will give students the edge when applying for competitive courses/pathways by demonstrating that they are an all-round package.