We are pleased to share with you the result of our recent Ofsted Inspection. It’s official – Buckler’s Mead Academy is Good!
Some key points from the report:
- The academy has implemented the priorities for improvement identified at the last inspection well. There have been notable improvements in teaching in English and Mathematics. The progress of students with identified special educational needs has improved
- The headteacher and senior leaders are successfully driving the improvement in teaching and achievement with the full support of the staff
- The academy’s records of the academic progress of students show an improving trend. That improvement has led to a rise in attainment
- Teachers insist on high standards of behaviour and the students respond well to their guidance. As a result, students have a positive attitude to learning. When there are incidents of poor behaviour they are dealt with well
- There has been effective work to keep students safe, and to promote values that are appropriate for modern British life
- The academy is using resources well to improve the progress of disadvantaged students
- The academy directors know the academy well. They provide a good level of support and challenge that contributes to the academy’s improvement.
Please click here to view the new Ofsted Report.