Summer 2017 – Key Stage 4 Results
Progress 8 tells us how well students at Buckler’s Mead Academy have progressed between the end of primary school and the end of secondary school, compared to students in other schools who got similar results at Key Stage 2. This is based on results in up to 8 qualifications, which include English, Maths, 3 qualifications including sciences, computer science, history, geography and languages, and 3 other additional approved qualifications.
The average Progress 8 score for schools in England is -0.03
Key Stage 4 (end of secondary school) results
- Progress 8score: -0.41 (-0.24)*
- Attainment 8score: 9 (43.5)*
- Percentage of pupils who got a good pass (grade C or above) in English and Maths: 48% (52%)
- % of pupils who got a Strong pass (grade 5 or above) in English and Maths: 27% (30%)
- English Baccalaureate
- Entering EBacc: 23% (25%)*
- Achieving EBacc: 10% (14%)*
- Student ‘destinations’ (the percentage of students who continue in education or training, or move on to employment at the end of 16 to 19 study). Published 2015: 92% (97.4%) (Current figure 2017- 96.5%)*
*Published figures include students who may be on roll but who may not have attended Bucklers Mead Academy, due to reasons such as them requiring specialist school due to medical reasons. The figures in RED are the schools own figures with these students removed.
We recognise that the data may be challenging to understand and we are always happy to discuss things in more detail with parents. We are an open and honest school, proud of the progress we have made and always working on further improvements.
FOR FURTHER CLARIFICATION ON WHAT PROGRESS 8 MEANS PLEASE CLICK ON THE FOLLOWING LINK more about Progress 8
Parents can see a video explaining this in more detail by looking on the Performance Tables websiteSchools Performance Tables